Whether it is walking, jogging, running, swimming, skipping, bicycling, skiing, snow boarding, sledding, weight lifting, playing team sports, playing individual sports, exercising for play, foreplay, dancing, hop-scotching, jump roping, limbo-ing, kickboxing, boxing, jazzercising, Zumba-ing, or simply play Jai alai – there are a multitude of benefits to physical activity.
Physical activity by definition is any bodily movement produced by skeletal muscles that require energy expenditure. So yes, simply changing the channel by way of your remote can sadly be considered as a physical activity. For shame…
Here are 10 benefits of physical activity that everyone should know. Drum Roll Please…
10. Boosts energy levels in your body
9. Reduces depression and anxiety
8. Helps strengthen and promote bone, muscle, tendon, and ligament health
7. Improves your mood
6. Helps with managing your weight (middle management at its’ best!)
5. Promotes better sleep
4. Can be fun!
3. Reduces risk of dying prematurely
2. Combats chronic disease
1. Can add a spark into your sex life (grr baby grr)
What are some other benefits you’ve heard? List them via the comment box below!
Have an active weekend everyone!