Sweat in areas you didn’t know could… people wearing clothes that you don’t think they should… TA-DA! It’s summertime! And you know what that means!
Well, it should anyways. If you’re like me, summer as a kid sucked. You were always laying around, whining/complaining that you were bored and had nothing to do. Well, now you have no excuse; here’s a list of fun ideas to get you out and moving (and grooving) while catching some rays, meeting new people, and maybe even getting a little workout.
Anywhere! (Well, almost anywhere).
- Skating, ICE skating, Rollerblading,
- Walking (go somewhere new!) & Running
- Any sport ever: Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Football, Tennis, Baseball/Softball, Cricket, Lacrosse, Track/Cross-Country, Archery, Darts, Base Jumping (Whaaa? Stay safe, kids), Bocce ball, Fishing, Bowling, Biking, Foosball, Golf, Gymnastics, Weight Lifting, Shuffleboard, Karate/Judo/Martial Arts/Sombo, Paintball, Racquetball, Rock Climbing, Squash, Sumo wrestling, Table Tennis, Yoga… and more.
- Walk your dog! Find a park or a new route. Maybe take them to the beach or a lake if they love the water.
- Tug of War. Why? Why not?
- Swiming at the Pool or Beach
- Boating, White Water Rafting, Kayaking, Yachting
- Sailing, Surfing, Skim-Boarding
- Water Polo or Rowing
- Cold Areas: Snowboarding, Skiing, Snow Shoeing, Snow Sledding
Food to cool off! [Because we all need to eat, and portion control is cool].
- Cold water. Free and delicious and healthy.
- Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt (Froyo), Gelato, Sherbert
- Smoothies. Strawberry banana, chocolate banana, raspberry, blueberry, pomegranate… any one will be good.
- Frozen Grapes. So good on a hot day!
- Chilled Seafood
- Cold (Pasta) Salads
- Popsicles (100% real fruit) such as Edy’s Natural Fruit Bars (or this homemade recipe)
- Camping (Bring gear!)
- Beach! (Or pool, or any of the above water-related adventures in a different area).
- Try Hang Gliding! And if you’re really adventurous, Sky Diving!
- Go on a Hot Air Balloon!
- Travel to your new destination… on a Horse!
- Ride a motorcycle (with a license or safe driver!)
- Scuba dive! Travel in a earthward direction.
- Mountain Climbing, Hiking
- Take a Ghost Tour or go to a Haunted Mansion. Try something you never thought you’d like: it might surprise you!
Summer is all about fun so try something new! Go exploring, get dirty, and then wash off. And bring a friend along for the journey. Take the time to spend with family/kids; make up a game and get everyone involved.
One of the new activities I learned about was…
It looks like a ton of fun for all parties involved. Challenge a friend!
So get out there, people. Make me proud.
[But don’t be one of those people mentioned from the beginning of the post… and wear some sunscreen hottie ( …since you’ll be hot and burn otherwise).]